Empowering our team: our Vision and Values
Our Vision roadmap
The Rockwell Collins Vision Roadmap defines who
we are, where we're going, and how we get there. It provides insight
into how we see ourselves and how we want others to see us. In short,
it's a roadmap that will take us boldly into the future.
Why does Rockwell Collins exist? What do we
stand for? How do we make the world a better place? The answers to these
fundamental questions are the foundation on which Rockwell Collins
We keep people safe, connected and informed
At the core of Rockwell Collins is our purpose:
a shared mission that brings us together and leads us in a common
direction. And in our business, there's no higher purpose than keeping
people safe, connected and informed.
Safe - When it comes to aviation and
high-integrity solutions, we must be unwavering in our dedication to
safety. And across our businesses, you'll see examples of safety in
- Helping pilots to land safely even in fog so thick they can't
see the wingtips.
- Ensuring warfighters have the tools needed to complete their
mission and return home.
- Delivering railway passengers to their destinations without
delay or harm.
- Keeping our nuclear power plants operating smoothly and
Connected - Whether for business or for
pleasure, people travel to make or keep connections. And in today's
increasingly interconnected world, robust networks are crucial for
staying connected in the air and on the ground. We've invested in
solutions that are reliable and secure whatever the application:
- Advanced avionics systems enable business to connect with their
customers, and people to stay connected with family and loved ones
all over the world.
- State-of-the-art cabin systems deliver the latest news and
entertainment, and the ability for passengers to stay connected to
their world - even at 30,000 feet.
- Every day, airlines send millions of messages over our ARINC
global aviation network.
- Our TrueNetTM networked communications system ensures
rock-solid connectivity across a larger and more diverse battlespace
than ever before.
- Our UrgentLinkTM disaster communications network can
link emergency responders to each other and the outside world even
in the most dire circumstances.
Informed - In a time when information
overload seems ever-present, Rockwell Collins strives to provide our
customers with the right information at the right time so they can make
well-informed decisions. For instance:
- MultiScan ThreatTrackTM weather radar helps pilots anticipate and reroute around dangerous weather.
- High-assurance military positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) capabilities provide soldiers and leadership with pinpoint accuracy and unprecedented situational awareness.
- Our MultiLinkTM flight tracking solution reliably reports the location of an aircraft anywhere in the world in near real time.
- ARINC Boarder Management Solutions help security forces keep travelers moving as efficiently as possible and lessen potential threats.
Our values - easily memorable as R-C-I2 - are a guiding set of beliefs that influence the way we do our work, the actions we take and the decisions we make. We will never - under any circumstances - compromise our values.
Relationships - We believe
that the best ideas and results are created when we work together.
- Internally, we support each other while
embracing diversity and inclusion, and taking ownership for the
performance of our teams and ourselves.
- Externally, we take pride in the fact that
our customers look to us as a partner who brings deep understanding
of their needs and our industry and is willing to work alongside
them to achieve their goals.
Commitment - We are firmly
committed to the success of our customers and each other.
- We know that lives depend on our unwavering
commitment to getting it right every time.
- We know that to be successful, we need to
keep the promises we make to each other.
Innovation - We believe that
innovation is the lynchpin of progress, both internally and externally.
- Internally, we understand that the best source of growth is the
creativity of our people.
- We support that creativity through investments in R&D, process
efficiency, and professional growth and knowledge management.
- Externally, it's through innovation that we help solve our
customers' most difficult challenges.
Integrity - We are ethical and honest with our stakeholders and each other and
will never compromise the trust placed in us.
- We comply with all laws governing our corporation, our stewardship
of the environment and being good citizens in the communities where
we live and work.
- For our customers, our commitment to integrity means that we can be
counted on to be an honest partner with uncompromising ethical
Rockwell Collins' vision charts the path to our future. It's a vivid,
tangible destination, achievable with the steadfast commitment of our
people and the trusted quality of the products and services we deliver.
Our vision is to be the most trusted source of aviation and
high-integrity solutions in the world.